The !FALcast is back to ring in the New Year with a new episode covering Papers Please, Final Fantasy XIII, the freemium business model, random JRPG battles, and the role of stealth in horror.
Please consider leaving us a review on iTunes!
Episode notes follow:
- Papers, Please and the value of the mundane
- South Park and the psychologically manipulative Freemium business model
- Don’t Move, DLC Quest, and game satire
- Costume Quest 2 and overstaying your welcome
- Repetitive RPG battles and unskippable animations
- Adam trashes FF XIII and reads Vanille’s wikipedia article aloud
- Penumbra: Overture, The Evil Within, and the horror of stealth mechanics
- Silent Hill, Dead Space, and monster design
This podcast is also available from Project! Fuckin American Lasers.