Attention, Lasers! A new episode of the !FALcast has made itself known! This time we're talking about Nintendo's platform differentiation, game design in Mario Kart, collectibles in Batman and other open world games, Child of Light, Persona 4: Golden, State of Decay, and Weapon Shop de Omasse.
Please consider leaving us a review on iTunes!
Episode notes follow:
- Nintendo’s platform differentiation and uses of the Wii U touch screen
- Antagonistic design shenanigans in Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. Wii*
- Matt’s beef with Batman
- Making the most of open worlds
- Why can’t gamers just think?
- Time management in Child of Light’s throwback to Grandia
- Adam hates people who speak in rhyme
- Persona 4 Golden is the best game ever, as you have already heard from everybody else
- The harem trope badly needs to be subverted
- Weapon Shop de Omasse is a lot more fun than a real job in retail
- Poor, poor PlayStation Vita
- Don’t let your friends die in State of Decay
- Skye doesn’t really like sandbox survival and procedural generation
- Is it worthwhile to pay attention to E3?
*Please note that everything Adam says about the power-ups and GamePad usage in Mario Kart 8 is the result of a single hour of play immediately before recording and, in retrospect, is almost completely incorrect. He regrets the error. More than you can know, he regrets the error.
This podcast is also available from Project! Fuckin American Lasers.